Mafikizolo is an Afro-pop group/band from South Africa. It is made up of lead singer/composer Nhlanhla Sibongile Mafu Nciza and songwriter/composer/singer Theo Kgosinkwe. The song Khona was written and sung in the Zulu Language. Khona means ‘there’ or ‘at that place’. It is one of the tracks in their February (2013) released album titled – Reunited. When i saw the video i was like WOOOOWWWW..the beat, the art design, the geometric shapes and colors, the production and the costume design were just so amazing and inspiring. I love the song…just makes you wanna dance, check it out.
Im sending a Happy Birthday shout out to someone very special that has been making a big impact in my life, shes wonderful, she’s intelligent, shes beautiful in and out…and she was chillin out in the Hamptons today, I know she had a BLAST 🙂
Im excited and proud of Rudel Felicien and crew, owner of Breakwater Surf Co. and also an island born surfer from Barbados was featured in a short film documentary on uncovering New York City’s underground surf culture and history, by Thomas Brookins & Davina Grincevicius/Ebb & Flow.
This design i created took me 7yrs to conceptualize, illustrate, revise, revise some more, took a break from it, revise it again and vola!!! the design has come to life lol. This wonderful design was tatted by Shaun Parker, you can check him out on his instagram page http://instagram.com/shaun_theovercomer and if your in brooklyn on 118 Ralph Ave you should pay him a visit and see what he’s up to.
Yesterday i went to get my hair done at TexTuRas Salon in flatbush NY. My hairdresser Soneitha, she is amazing…she hooked my braids up. She’s great at what she does, she can do just about anything perms, cut, weaves, braids, color, wash, etc, you name it. She takes care and nurtures your hair to a healthy state, i gotta tell ya she has the magic fingers lol. If your passing through flatbush check her out at TexTuRas Salon, she can be reached here 718-954-1525.
To my surprise i was nominated the “Shine On” Award from http://thebrowntruth.wordpress.com. I wasn’t expecting this or any one read anything i post on here lol, im not much of a blogger but i am very fasinated about hair and ever since i went natural and reading other natural hair blogs i was like wow there are other people out there like me. Thank you so much Brown Truth for reading my blog and giving me the opportunity to continue to share my experience of natural hair, art, music and inspiration to other fellow hair bloggers. Everyone please check her out.
The Rules :
1. Show appreciation of the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2. Add the award logo to your blog.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 5 – 10 or so bloggers you admire.
5. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.
Seven Things about me:
1. I love being a graphic designer and i own a graphic design studio called Blugge with my other two business partners.
2. I like to watch Japanese anime and Korean Drama.
3. Ever since my big chop, im in love with my natural hair.
4. I love to dance.
5. I’m into motorcycles and im looking forward to owning a CB450 cafe racer.
6. I enjoy listening to all types of music especially alternative rock.
7. Love being in company of positive friends and my family